[CCWG-ACCT] A message from the Co-Chairs

Jordan Carter jordan at internetnz.net.nz
Sun Feb 21 23:05:05 UTC 2016

Kavouss, all:

That is the situation today. Why would advice be any more or less likely
than it is today?

best
Jordan

On 22 February 2016 at 12:03, Kavouss Arasteh <kavouss.arasteh at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Andrew,
>
> I am sorry, you missed the point that I raised
>
> The point was ,with ST18, the GAC will totally be disabled to agree on
> such consensus  ADVICE as one single government  could always oppose to
> the Advice. This was purposely injected in the Recommendation
>
> That is the meaning of rare advice.
>
> Pls kindly read the text as it MEANT and kindly not turn it around
>
> Regards
>
> Kavouss .

>> Hi,
>>
>> On Sun, Feb 21, 2016 at 10:12:57PM +0100, Kavouss Arasteh wrote:
>> >
>> > *Consequently the so-called special privilege repeatedly referred to  by
>> > others would in fact very rarely happens *
>>
>> In that case, of course, the carve-out doesn't take effect anyway.  So
>> if this is in fact to be so rare, why would anyone argue that it needs
>> to be changed?  The argument, "Such-and-thus effect is never going to
>> happen, so we must set up the procedures around it perfectly," doesn't
>> really seem to hang together.
>>
>> Best regards,

>> --
>> Andrew Sullivan
>> ajs at anvilwalrusden.com

Jordan Carter

Chief Executive
*InternetNZ - your voice for the Open Internet*

+64-4-495-2118 (office) | +64-21-442-649 (mob)
Email: jordan at internetnz.net.nz
Skype: jordancarter
Web: www.internetnz.nz