[CCWG-ACCT] Regarding what happens if fewer than five of ICANN’s SOs and ACs agree to be Decisional Participants in the Empowered Community

Jordan Carter jordan at internetnz.net.nz
Wed Feb 24 05:22:11 UTC 2016

Seun, all,

If there are 4 decisional SOs/ACs instead of 5, then the thresholds all
need to change.

The ones that currently have a threshold of 4 would then require unanimity.

That would be totally unacceptable. It is not consistent with our work to
date or with our report. The report specifically notes that a change from 5
eligible decisional participants leads to threshold changes for this very
reason.

Best
Jordan

Jordan Carter