[CCWG-ACCT] Principles for CCWGs -- Public Comment

Grace Abuhamad grace.abuhamad at icann.org
Wed Feb 24 23:14:47 UTC 2016

Dear CWG-Stewardship and CCWG-Accountability members, participants, and
observers,

I¹m writing to request your expert feedback for the public comment on the
draft framework principles for cross community working groups:
https://www.icann.org/public-comments/ccwg-framework-principles-draft-2016-0
2-22-en. I¹ve attached the draft to the email for your convenience.

Why you?
You are the experts. You are the past, the present, and the future of cross
community working groups at ICANN. You have survived one (or both) of the
big IANA Stewardship Transition working groups over the past two years, and
you probably (I hope!) have a lot to reflect upon and share.

What¹s the point?
There are no agreed community-wide guidelines on the use of CCWGs, but they
are such an awesome form of multistakeholder policymaking that the ICANN
community is increasingly reliant on CCWGs for their policy efforts. The
CCWG-Principles has taken on the task of developing a uniform framework of
principles intended to guide the formation, initiation, operations and
closure of future CCWGs.

How much time do I have?
The public comment period opened on Monday this week. You have 39 days left,
until 23 April at 23:59 UTC. You could jot down some thoughts during your
long plane rides to/from Marrakech, or even as you observe the action during
the sessions!

The email to which your comments may be sent is:
<comments-ccwg-framework-principles-22feb16 at icann.org>. If you have any
questions, please contact Mary Wong (cc¹ed here).

I am passionate about this work because we¹ve innovated and learned so much
from the IANA Stewardship Transition working groups, and I have had the
privilege and opportunity to work with both groups from their formation. I
am keen to see where the outcome of this public comment period takes us
next, and I very much hope that you will take pride in designing that path
forward.

‹Grace