[CCWG-ACCT] Request for Clarification on Threshold Issue

Salaets, Ken ksalaets at itic.org
Mon Feb 29 18:39:52 UTC 2016

'Why wait when we can nip this in the bud? If it's a mere clarification, then it should be noncontroversial.  I fear that some who oppose this very much like the wiggle room the word "may" affords them, and will use it to oppose any such change if and when the time comes.'

Exactly.  Which is why this must be addressed now.  If we can't reach consensus on a textual revision that reflects a long-standing understanding regarding the possible exercise of the core accountability mechanism, do we truly have an agreement?  If there isn't a willingness to address this matter now, perhaps the previous vote should be revisited.

Ken