[CCWG-ACCT] The Internet's design and ICANN responsibility (was Re: GPI)

Paul Rosenzweig paul.rosenzweig at redbranchconsulting.com
Tue Jan 5 17:03:29 UTC 2016

At last, something everyone can agree on.  The question then is HOW?  How do
we set up an accountability system that confines ICANN to this function.
Our chosen method (which I continue to support) is to a) narrowly define the
mission in writing; and b) allow people outside the corporation to invoke a
neutral arbitral mechanism (the IRP) to call the corporation to account
when/if it goes beyond the mission assigned.

Paul

Paul Rosenzweig
paul.rosenzweig at redbranchconsulting.com
O: +1 (202) 547-0660