[CCWG-ACCT] Board working methods to participate in the upcoming CCWG calls

Bruce Tonkin Bruce.Tonkin at melbourneit.com.au
Tue Jan 5 20:28:53 UTC 2016

Hello All,

The Board is planning the current approach to interacting with the CCWG on calls to discuss the recommendations.

- we are rostering at least two Board members to be available to discuss the relevant CCWG recommendations in each call.   We assume that the CCWG will also be considering other community comments in each call as well.

- the Board members will be available to explain our position on any topic and work on the call to find a possible solution to a concern that the Board has raised

- the Board members are not authorised to agree to any solution on the single call

- they will take back any proposed solution at the end of the call to the full Board email list for review

- we will be having weekly Board information calls to review any proposed solutions developed in the CCWG calls and/or mailing list, and seek to get Board support for each solution developed.

- I can then convey whether the Board accepts a proposed solution in principle or still feels that their concerns have not been addressed.   I will explain why the Board still feels a proposed solution doesn't address its concerns.

I would see it as a similar process for any member of the CCWG that would need to take any proposed solutions back to their groups to get feedback before they could commit a particular SO or AC to support a solution to any concern that they had raised.

Regards,
Bruce Tonkin