[CCWG-ACCT] Regarding Annex 12 - recommendation #12

Bruce Tonkin Bruce.Tonkin at melbourneit.com.au
Tue Jan 5 20:51:50 UTC 2016

Hello All,

Just putting in writing some feedback I provided on the CCWG regarding the proposed language for Recommendation 12.

The draft as displayed in the meeting addresses some of the Board concerns regarding how the recommendations from the working group on work stream 2 would be considered.

Regarding converting the Board's resolution of Los Angeles in 2014 into bylaws language we suggest the following:

(1) We place a bylaw such as this as a "transition" bylaw similar to Article XX of the bylaws.

(2) We would like to generalize the bylaw to allow flexibility for the chartering organizations to create separate cross-constituency working groups on specific work stream 2 topics if they wished.   This would allow chartering  organizations to appoint members with specific expertise etc, avoid burn-out from existing members that have been working for more than a year, and allow topics to work to different timetables.

(3) Any such working group would be under the same conditions in terms of participation and support as the current CCWG on Accountability.  Ie any member of the community may participate in the work of a cross-community working group.

I am happy to provide some edits to the proposal put forward by the co-chairs today to reflect the comments above for consideration by the group.

Regards,
Bruce Tonkin