[CCWG-ACCT] DOCUMENT - Recommendation 4 – Budget (IANA) (first reading)

Izumi Okutani izumi at nic.ad.jp
Wed Jan 6 18:26:20 UTC 2016

Hi,

I agree with Jordan's comments on the IANA budget.

To be more specific -

> *IANA budget - role of operational communities*
(snip)
> Because of this, my recommendation is that we stick with the status quo as
> represented in the Third Draft Proposal.

That works for me and it's inline with the discussions I am now having in the ASO.
I should be able to share more details at the coming call, as the numbers community would be regarded as one of the operational communities.

> *The other topics*
>
> I support and regard as uncontroversial the inclusion of the CWG
> requirements and of caretaker budget detail being an implementation matter.

Strongly agree.

> On the identically worded comments from a couple of people to move the
> Budget power for IANA from fundamental to standard bylaws, I don't think we
> should move. The whole PTI construct is going to be set out in fundamental
> bylaws. This, like all the other community powers, should be treated the
> same way.

While I don't have a very strong opinion, this approach makes sense.

Izumi