[CCWG-ACCT] Deck for Meeting #75 Mission Statement discussion

Jorge.Cancio at bakom.admin.ch Jorge.Cancio at bakom.admin.ch
Thu Jan 7 18:57:23 UTC 2016

Dear Kavouss

It wasn’t me who first proposed the question which was decided tob e further refined with the ICANN Legal. I was one of the supporters of that move. And what matters is that the CCWG had decided to move ahead with this.

Under that understanding the GAC included the first para I quoted: “The GAC notes that legal advice is being sought by the CCWG to clarify the
practical effect of this Recommendation, and believes this is appropriate.”

I feel the other elements in the GAC input (which you quote) could serve to formulate an appropriate legal question.

Perhaps the co-chairs would be willing to form a small group which, under their guidance, could formulate such a question, after receiving the feedback from ICANN Legal which was agreed to be requested.

Regards

Jorge