[CCWG-ACCT] Deck for Meeting #75 Mission Statement discussion

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Fri Jan 8 15:38:24 UTC 2016

Hi,

I agree with what Andrew said as well.

I just think that we are making these distinctions in the revised
mission in a rather careless manner.  If we declaring an intent that
capacity building be out of scope, we are not distinguishing between
what should be in scope given our mission and what shouldn't.

  For example there are cases where the issue might be helping build the
capacity of underdeveloped region so they can field registries,
registrars, registry service providers &c.    Is an applicant support
program allowed in the new mission?  Do we know?  Do we need to know
before narrowing the scope of ICANN's mission?

avri