[CCWG-ACCT] Timeline?

Jordan Carter jordan at internetnz.net.nz
Tue Jan 12 22:00:58 UTC 2016

All,

On the timeline my feeling is that we need to do the work we are doing now
on the 12 recommendations this month, and crystallise either a
supplementary proposal or a fourth draft.

In order to do that, we do need the input from COs - with GNSO coming and I
hope ccNSO able to do so too, as well as GAC.  Without that feedback, we
don't know what the parameters are for finalising the next step.

After that, there will obviously need to be a chance for the COs to sign
off.

In retrospect, we should have taken the Board's action in the second public
comment period as a sign and extended the timeframe further for this phase.
But hindsight is something you only have after the fact, right? :-)

best
Jordan

On 13 January 2016 at 08:36, Seun Ojedeji <seun.ojedeji at gmail.com> wrote:

> I also had imagined that the pending GNSO response should not hold up the
> timeline, but the Co-Chairs indicated that the extent/level of the comment
> from GNSO could affect the timeline.
>
> I think the rationale makes sense and its just few days to when that last
> bit of comment would come in(which I believe is 14th). That said, it may be
> good to start getting some draft timeline up for discussion pending
> finalisation when the GNSO comment is received.
>
> Regards
>
> Regards
> On 12 Jan 2016 7:20 p.m., "Greg Shatan" <gregshatanipc at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Malcolm,
>>
>> I don't believe that feedback from the GNSO regarding the Third Draft
>> Proposal has been received yet (although feedback from various stakeholder
>> groups and constituencies has been received as part of the public comment
>> process).
>>
>> That said, I don't think that should hold up revision of the timeline.
>>
>> Greg
>>
>> On Tue, Jan 12, 2016 at 4:00 AM, Malcolm Hutty <malcolm at linx.net> wrote:
>>
>>> Did we not receive feedback from all Chartering organisations to the
>>> Third Public Comment? Did I miss some that you are expecting?
>>>
>>> Or by "feedback" do you mean final endorsement of our paper? I do not
>>> think you will get that before we indicate that we have stopped making
>>> changes to it.
>>>
>>> Sent from my iDevice; please excuse terseness and typos.
>>>
>>> On 11 Jan 2016, at 21:14, Thomas Rickert <rickert at anwaelte.de> wrote:
>>>
>>> Greg, all,
>>> we will only be able to offer a firm new timeline once feedback from all
>>> chartering orgs is received and once we had discussions on all
>>> recommendations with our group.
>>>
>>> Best,
>>> Thomas
>>>
>>> ---
>>> rickert.net
>>>

>>> Am 11.01.2016 um 21:09 schrieb Greg Shatan <gregshatanipc at gmail.com>:
>>>
>>> Dear Co-Chairs,
>>>
>>> The most recent CCWG timeline I'm aware of is the one attached here.  As
>>> far as I can tell, we are no longer on this schedule.  What is our new
>>> timeline?
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>>
>>> Greg
>>>
>>> <CCWG Timeline.pdf>

Jordan Carter

Chief Executive
*InternetNZ*

+64-4-495-2118 (office) | +64-21-442-649 (mob)
Email: jordan at internetnz.net.nz
Skype: jordancarter
Web: www.internetnz.nz

*A better world through a better Internet *