[CCWG-ACCT] Timing and incorporation of Lawyers input

farzaneh badii farzaneh.badii at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 19:58:27 UTC 2016

Dear Mathieu,

In your call with the lawyers, Holly said the memo she wanted to send to
CCWG was not sent. Can you please clarify which memo was not sent and send
it as soon as possible.

My call for transparent communication gets ignored all the time. Could you
please clarify how will the lawyers share their feedback  and editorial
comments? Will it be privately sent to you then you will send them
privately to staff?

I hope this time I get an answer to my request.  It could just be a no with
specifying reasons.

Best

Farzaneh

Dear Colleagues,

Last week, the co chairs and lawyers held a call to coordinate the
collection and incorporation of lawyers input into our report. As was
mentioned on this list, during finalization of the 3rd draft report, some
comments from our lawyers could not be taken into account and we wanted to
remedy this issue going forward.

We have agreed that lawyers will provide feedback, through the co chairs,
on the various recommendations in two steps :

-          After first reading, lawyers will share high level feedbacks or
concerns so they can be discussed as part of the 2nd reading meeting ;

-          After second reading, lawyers will provide detailed edits when
appropriate. These edits will be incorporated unless they create a
substantial change. In this case, new discussion on the list would take
place.

With this process, our group can draw upon the vary valuable skills and
experience from our lawyers all through our discussions.

This memo can be considered as certifying request for review for the
lawyers.

Best regards,

Thomas, Leon and Mathieu