[CCWG-ACCT] Deck for Meeting #75 Mission Statement discussion

Burr, Becky Becky.Burr at neustar.biz
Thu Jan 14 18:50:43 UTC 2016

Sorry, sloppy grammar on my part.  I don¹t think that ICANN exceeds its
mission by delegating a new gTLD designed to serve a particular community.
 In fact, I am a very strong proponent of community TLDs, and I regret
that the new gTLD policy does not accommodate them better.  My concern is
that some of the commitments made by applicants in order to serve that
community may not be ³reasonably necessary to ensure stability and
security² of the DNS, etc., and so ICANN¹s enforcement of those
commitments could be challenged.  That seems quite problematic to me.

J. Beckwith Burr
Neustar, Inc. / Deputy
General Counsel & Chief Privacy Officer
1775 Pennsylvania Avenue NW, Washington D.C. 20006
Office: +1.202.533.2932  Mobile: +1.202.352.6367 / neustar.biz
<http://www.neustar.biz>