[CCWG-ACCT] Recommendation 6 - Human Rights - 1st reading conclusions

Niels ten Oever lists at nielstenoever.net
Fri Jan 15 17:03:21 UTC 2016

Dear co-chairs (an all),

I am quite surprised by your proposal to invite members and board to
consider option C since WP4 and CCWG achieved consensus on option A,
which was reinforced by the independent lawyers advice. I really don't
think this work should be disregarded.

The ICANN lawyers did not provide examples, case-law or other documents
to outline any risk. So even though I am very willing to discuss, I see
no reason to only consider option C and I am very surprised that you as
co-chairs argue for that option even though consensus was reached
earlier on option A. As I said in my previous email, it is not
reasonable to consider option C before we agree that we won't proceed
with the option A.

All the best,

Niels