[CCWG-ACCT] FW: Question regarding AoC and "consumer trust"

Greg Shatan gregshatanipc at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 17:13:32 UTC 2016

I would disagree with the implication that any implementation or
consideration of "consumer trust" beyond new gTLDs is an "extension of the
Mission."

That said, I also would not put it into WS2.  I would let the CCT review
team do its work first.  After that, we will have much more discussion,
experience, information and application relating to "consumer trust" and
how it fits into the Mission of ICANN (albeit in the context of the new
gTLDs.  That will provide a much more fruitful and pragmatic basis for a
future discussion, regardless of one's present presumption about how such a
discussion should turn out.

Greg