[CCWG-ACCT] Deck for Meeting #75 Mission Statement discussion

Eric (Maule) Brunner-Williams ebw at abenaki.wabanaki.net
Sat Jan 16 02:26:11 UTC 2016

> I don?t understand how enforcing that the registry licensing requirement
> is (in and of itself) UNLESS you say that the delegation (community
> preference) was made on the basis of that commitment, and enforcing the
> commitments underlying the delegation decision is an inherent requirement
> of the policy itself. I?m grasping for a principle here.

I think your UNLESS branch is correct. Absent post-delegation enforcement,
there is no cost for pre-delegation misrepresentation, and I suggest that
were access to the IANA zone file to be misrepresentation-cost-free that
the consequences could be abrupt.

The principle is that access to the IANA zone(*) is conditional upon conduct,
not entirely determined by mere fee alone.

Eric Brunner-Williams
Eugene, Oregon

(*) currently property of the United States, a sort of contemporary Oregon
joke for the US nationals on the list.