[CCWG-ACCT] Report on Lawyers Call re Human Rights

Greg Shatan gregshatanipc at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 05:56:50 UTC 2016

Avri and Andrew's emails raise a question about the fundamental intention
of this Bylaw, both generally and specificallyas it relates to policy
development:

Is the intent to maintain ICANN's commitment to Human Rights after the
transitionand provide a bulwark against any claims (well founded or
otherwise) that the transition empowers or allows ICANN to walk away from
its commitment to Human Rights?

Or is the intent to create new and different commitments to Human Rights
that do not currently exist?  Specifically, is the intent to create a basis
for new and different Human Rights considerations in policy development
(and for that matter, AC advice) beyond what now exists?

Greg