[CCWG-ACCT] Report on Lawyers Call re Human Rights

Greg Shatan gregshatanipc at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 07:34:59 UTC 2016

I'm referring to the same laws as Holly was. I have no idea why you think
these do not apply to "non-state actors" -- that's exactly who they are
supposed to apply to.

I also have no idea why you apparently believe ICANN is currently bound by
laws that apply to "state actors."  ICANN is not currently a state actor.
It is a private non-profit corporation incorporated and domiciled in the
State of California which performs certain functions under a contract with
the US Government.  The contract includes a large number of provisions that
apply to ICANN and all other government contractors, none of which make
ICANN a "state actor."

Greg