[CCWG-ACCT] Lawyers' High Level Review: Annexes 1, 8, 9, 10, 11

Gregory, Holly holly.gregory at sidley.com
Mon Jan 25 14:46:55 UTC 2016

Dear All,

We were asked whether the current bylaw language "duly taken into account" is ambiguous.  We concluded that it is ambiguous and that, especially when read in the context of the remaining language of the bylaw provision requiring a specific process should the Board not follow GAC advice, the language is susceptible to an interpretation that many of you do not support (as apparent in the many emails our comment generated). Since it is ambiguous, it is also subject to other interpretations.  We have no position on the substantive issue of what impact GAC advice should have.  We recommend that work be undertaken to remove the ambiguity.

Kind regards, Holly

Sent with Good (www.good.com)