[CCWG-ACCT] Human Rights draft text for third reading

Jordan Carter jordan at internetnz.net.nz
Mon Jan 25 21:43:58 UTC 2016

Thank you Leon. This is one of the issues I have not followed in huge
depth, and I acknowledge the expertise and energy deployed through WP4 as
well as all the other comments that have come in on this.

I would like to offer two thoughts.

First, this proposed approach is fine with me so long as our lawyers can
certify that "will not enter into force" does indeed render the clause
ineffective until the FoI it mentions is developed. I understand from you
(offline) that this is the case, but others might wonder the same thing.

Second, wherever we land on this question, I just want to signal my own
view as a "Member" of the CCWG that I am relaxed about whether this is WS1
or 2 - my own personal view is that the important thing is that the
approach to interpreting and applying human rights in the ICANN context is
developed by the ICANN community before bylaws-type obligations or
requirements come into effect.

This text seems to deliver that. So would pushing the matter off to WS2.
I'll happily stand with consensus either way.

cheers
Jordan

On 26 January 2016 at 09:40, León Felipe Sánchez Ambía <
leonfelipe at sanchez.mx> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> In anticipation for our call tomorrow I am sending you the proposed
> language for the Human Rights bylaw. This text tries to address all the
> concerns that were raised in our recent calls and on the mailing list.
>
> Please take a momento to review the proposed text and provide your
> feedback at your earliest convenience.
>

> Best regards,
>

> León

Jordan Carter

Chief Executive
*InternetNZ*

+64-4-495-2118 (office) | +64-21-442-649 (mob)
Email: jordan at internetnz.net.nz
Skype: jordancarter
Web: www.internetnz.nz

*A better world through a better Internet *