[CCWG-ACCT] gTLD Auctions vs Travel Costs

James M. Bladel jbladel at godaddy.com
Thu Jan 28 18:40:55 UTC 2016

To clarify: the CWG itself has not yet been convened.  It's only the Drafting Team is that is starting up.

Thanks-

J.

From: <accountability-cross-community-bounces at icann.org<mailto:accountability-cross-community-bounces at icann.org>> on behalf of Greg Shatan <gregshatanipc at gmail.com<mailto:gregshatanipc at gmail.com>>
Date: Thursday, January 28, 2016 at 12:35
To: Andrew Sullivan <ajs at anvilwalrusden.com<mailto:ajs at anvilwalrusden.com>>
Cc: "accountability-cross-community at icann.org<mailto:accountability-cross-community at icann.org>" <accountability-cross-community at icann.org<mailto:accountability-cross-community at icann.org>>
Subject: Re: [CCWG-ACCT] gTLD Auctions vs Travel Costs

Andrew,

There was a discussion paper posted for public comment before Dublin, with comments ended November 8.  https://www.icann.org/public-comments/new-gtld-auction-proceeds-2015-09-08-en
Subsequent to that, SO/AC chairs were invited on January 6 to propose members of the charter Drafting Team that James Bladel mentioned.
Like you, I can't find evidence of this (other than having seen a copy of the email referred to above), but I expect that will change once the DT actually gets underway.

Greg

On Thu, Jan 28, 2016 at 12:53 PM, Andrew Sullivan <ajs at anvilwalrusden.com<mailto:ajs at anvilwalrusden.com>> wrote:
On Thu, Jan 28, 2016 at 12:28:48PM -0500, Avri Doria wrote:
> At the very least, I believe they are holding these funds in a separate
> account, or something like that, until the Board decides what it want s
> to do.  Hard to know for sure.

There was a session about this in BA:

https://community.icann.org/display/gnsocouncilmeetings/Pre-CWG+Workshop+on+new+gTLD+Auction+Proceeds

I am unable to find evidence that the relevant CWG has in fact been
started, but I can never find anything on the ICANN website, so that's
no guide as to whether it's happened.