[CCWG-ACCT] Regarding mission statement and human rights

Nigel Roberts nigel at channelisles.net
Fri Jan 29 12:33:20 UTC 2016

No, I'm afraid not.

Human rights law is generally not a matter of domestic law at all.

Certainly not in dualist legal systems (such as the US and the UK)
unless there is explicit domestic legislation (as in the UK) and even
then is only applicable to 'emanations of the state', not private sector
bodies.

So, as Bruch puts it, there's no applicable law, except that which ICANN
adopts voluntarily (e.g. Article 4, the By-Laws, etc).

These apply because California law makes California corporations abide
by their own constitutions.