[CCWG-ACCT] CCWG-Accountability - Draft Comment for Public Consultation on Articles of Incorporation (AOC)

matthew shears mshears at cdt.org
Thu Jul 7 07:00:55 UTC 2016

Thanks Greg.  But, why would we not use the langugage we've agreed in
the new Bylaws as it relates to GPI?

2.2.1. CCWG-Accountability Final Recommendation 1, para 51: The Articles
of Incorporation will be amended to clarify that *the global public
interest will be determined through a bottom-up, multistakeholder process*.

2.2.2. CCWG-Accountability Final Recommendation 5, para 153 (core
values) 2: Seeking and supporting broad, informed participation
reflecting the functional, geographic, and cultural diversity of the
Internet at all levels of policy development and decision-making *to
ensure that the bottom-up, multistakeholder policy development process
is used to ascertain the global public interest *and that those
processes are accountable and transparent.

Thanks.
Matthew

Matthew Shears
Global Internet Policy and Human Rights