[CCWG-ACCT] CCWG-Accountability - Draft Comment for Public Consultation on Articles of Incorporation (AOC)

Andrew Sullivan ajs at anvilwalrusden.com
Sat Jul 9 02:59:47 UTC 2016

On Fri, Jul 08, 2016 at 08:17:03PM -0400, Andrew Sullivan wrote:
> I thought a significant part of the rather tortured discussion we had
> about the Mission was precisely to counter that the tendency of ICANN
> (or others) to think that its scope of interest -- public or otherwise
> -- in the stability of the Internet is properly limited.

Well, that sentence got lost on its way to its conclusion.  Teach me
to make dinner in between starting and ending an email.

What I meant, of course, was that the discussion was to counter the
tendency of some to think that ICANN's scope is unlimited guardianship
of the Internet, and therefore to limit the scope properly to the
important but narrow work that ICANN actually does.  My apologies.

Andrew Sullivan
ajs at anvilwalrusden.com