[CCWG-ACCT] CCWG-Accountability - Draft Comment for Public Consultation on Articles of Incorporation (AOC)

Nigel Roberts nigel at channelisles.net
Sun Jul 10 19:23:21 UTC 2016

It's rare for international law to apply to individuals or companies,
unless you are suspected of war crimes, like Tony Blair or his American
counterparts (who now will not travel outside the US), or unless you are
involved (as ICANN is) in international private law, which is mst
contractual in nature.

A literal reading of ICANN 3.0's Articles/By-laws shows that the 'global
public interest' is something that the ICANN Community will decide -
there is no external normative rule.

So, expandin upon Dr Lisse's critique . .

. . . please provide any authority for the proposition that the 'global
interest' can be defined or agreed upon WITHIN 'the international law',
which you seem to state it can.