[CCWG-ACCT] jurisdiction debates

Paul Rosenzweig paul.rosenzweig at redbranchconsulting.com
Wed Jul 13 14:56:07 UTC 2016

This is exactly right -- Jurisdiction has many meanings that we will need to
carefully parse.  It could mean "where" a dispute is resolved; it could mean
"which law" applies to a dispute; or it could me "which law governs the
operation of the corporation for internal matters"?  Of these, only the last
is likely to be unique (though even here, I imagine that Turkish law would
apply to, say, wage and hour concerns regarding ICANN's Turkish office).
As ICANN grows, the registrars, registries, and other parties (at least in
the contracted house) will be able to choose their venue and their
substantive law, by agreement.

Paul

Paul Rosenzweig
paul.rosenzweig at redbranchconsulting.com