[CCWG-ACCT] Proposed Agenda CCWG ACCT Meeting - 12 July 2016 @ 20:00 UTC

Phil Buckingham phil at dotadvice.co.uk
Wed Jul 13 22:01:56 UTC 2016

Greg,

I have to agree . The CCWG needs to retain an independent counsel. This should  be Sidley Austin and Adler& Colvin.  They clearly already have a deep understanding of the issues involved and you have confirmed  that they are  a global law firm with the expertise to cover all bases.

On a separate issue, following the call last night, as one of the few financial people on the CCWG , I am concerned about the budgetary control process going forward.
Perhaps I have missed a call , discussions in Helsinki . Will an independent budgetary committee be formed. I hope if formed that this should consist of ICANN 's CFO, members of the Board's  Finance Committee and elected representatives from the CCWG.

Regards,

Phil