[CCWG-ACCT] Announcement of new email address

Theresa Swinehart theresa.swinehart at icann.org
Sat Mar 26 00:48:05 UTC 2016

Hi Greg,

Thanks for your note -- the Multistakeholder Strategy and Strategic
Initiatives (MSSI) Department is simply a renaming of the Strategic
Initiatives (SI) Department that I lead to more accurately reflect the
activities of the group. There are no changes to the work or the mission
of the department: we continue to manage the Affirmation of Commitments
(AOC) reviews and the Organizational reviews as outlined in the ICANN
Bylaws, the strategic planning process, and other cross-departmental
initiatives such as the IANA Stewardship Transition, all that involve the
multistakeholder community.

With regards to Brenda's note, we are also looking to streamline
secretariat support in the department for areas of responsibility
including the reviews, and modeled it off of the the GNSO and At-Large
Secretariats, working with and learning from these existing Secretariats
about the benefits and effectiveness of providing unified services to our
community. Brenda will be supporting this Secretariat function across the
projects in the department, which for example right now include the CCT
Review Team and the CCWG-Accountability.

The community should experience no changes other than improved secretariat
support services :)

Kind regards,

Theresa