[CCWG-ACCT] TR: Rationale Requirement in Annex D, Section 2.2(c)(i)(A)

Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Wed May 4 20:42:50 UTC 2016

I personally would not mind removing the word "significant" but I expect
that the significant referred to there would be applied to any issue that
the EC uses as basis for her petition[1].

Cheers!
1. Quoted from the report "..or other matters of concern to the
community..."
Sent from my LG G4
Kindly excuse brevity and typos

How would the words "significant issues" be interpreted and by whom?  (From
this piece of text below "Notice is based on one or more significant issues
that were specifically raised in the applicable public comment period(s)"

Thanks.

On 5/4/2016 4:46 PM, Mathieu Weill wrote:

> Dear Colleagues,
>

> Paragraph 14 of Annex 4 of our supplemental report states :
>

> A community decision to reject a budget or a plan after it has been
approved by the ICANN

> Board will be based on perceived inconsistency with the purpose, Mission
and role set out in

> ICANN’s Articles and Bylaws; the global public interest; the needs of
ICANN stakeholders;

> financial stability, or other matters of concern to the community.* The
veto could only concern*
*>*
*> issues that had been raised in the public consultations conducted before
the Board approved the*
*>*
*> budget or plan.*

> (emphasis added)
>

> I believe our lawyers have been diligent in ensuring this requirement is
taken into account.

> Best,
>
> Mathieu

*>*