[CCWG-ACCT] CCWG-Accountability - Draft Response to Public Consultation on New Bylaws - 72 hour consultation for the CCWG-Accountability

Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Fri May 6 20:37:36 UTC 2016

Hello,

Just a few minor comments:

- While removing "by consensus" from 6.2 is fine, I think replacing it with
something like "by their decision making process" will better carry out the
intent of Annex 1 line 37-38

- It may be good to do our homework  to have clarity on issue 2 so the
phrase "...It remains unclear whether they are required..." can be struck
out in 2.3

- I think the following text should be removed from 8.3 "...ensure that
there is no need that the FOI-HR be approved by all Chartering
Organizations but rather..". The point is that approval based on the CCWG
charter is required, that way any possible update on the charter will still
be applicable, hence there is no need to lock in to a particular process.
Locking in to the charter is better.

- I don't understand the intent of recommendation 9.3, since/if we could
not relate this with our report in 9.2. Then I suggest we strike out item 9
and not put the board in an unnecessary confusion.

- I am not a lawyer, but I doubt removing the word " including" really
address the issue raised in 7.2. I think replacing "including" with
"however" may be better (again could be me just applying English and not
legal English)

Regards

Sent from my LG G4
Kindly excuse brevity and typos