[CCWG-ACCT] New ICANN Bylaws

Alberto Soto asoto at ibero-americano.org
Sun May 29 00:43:29 UTC 2016

Alan, I think exactly the same.

Kind regards

Alberto Soto

-----Mensaje original-----
De: accountability-cross-community-bounces at icann.org
[mailto:accountability-cross-community-bounces at icann.org] En nombre de Alan
Greenberg
Enviado el: sábado, 28 de mayo de 2016 05:12 p.m.
Para: Phil Corwin <psc at vlaw-dc.com>; Samantha Eisner
<Samantha.Eisner at icann.org>; avri doria <avri at apc.org>;
accountability-cross-community at icann.org
Asunto: Re: [CCWG-ACCT] New ICANN Bylaws

There is a lot in the new Bylaws that presumes the transition, but most is
from the CWG/ICG Proposals. There is not a lot in the Bylaws associated
directly with the CCWG that related to the transition, but there are some.
The sections on community powers and the IRP refer to PTI, for instance.

Given the time line we have been on, it would have made absolutely no sense
to devote time to creating a set of Bylaws presuming the transition, and a
separate set presuming no transition. Even if time had permitted, it would
be poor public relations to have a set of Bylaws ready and adopted presuming
the transition fails.

I have problems with some of the Bylaws adopted (as do we all, I guess), but
after nearly two grueling years of work, I am glad that we have reached this
stage.

I am willing to take the Board's statements at face value, and presume that
if the transition does fail, we will revisit these Bylaws, extract the parts
that no longer apply, and move ahead with the accountability measures.

Alan