[CCWG-ACCT] New ICANN Bylaws

Rudolph Daniel rudi.daniel at gmail.com
Sun May 29 15:00:50 UTC 2016

Question(?)
Does the ICANN Board see any of the CCWG's accountability recommendations
as ultimately, possibly, be in conflict with it's contract with the NTIA?

Can we say that the implementation of CCWG recommendations for increased
accountability of ICANN to its stakeholders as agreed at this juncture, in
any way, cause conflict with ICANN's current contract with NTIA?

Although, the board's statement is not an unreasonable one.

The The Board is committed to working with the community to identify the
portions of the CCWG-Accountability recommendations that can be implemented
in the event that it is determined that ICANN's obligations to perform the
IANA Functions will remain under contract with NTIA.¹"