[CCWG-ACCT] CCWG-Accountability - WS2 Presentation for meeting tomorrow - Minor corrections

Paul Rosenzweig paul.rosenzweig at redbranchconsulting.com
Tue May 31 15:46:19 UTC 2016

Why is anyone surprised that those holding the resources are going to
constrain you?  It is in ICANN's corporate interest to limit outside review.

If we were serious about the process we would ask ICANN for a top line # for
how much it is willing to spend on the WS2 process and then WE would decide
how to allocate it:  transcription; travel support; legal support; whatever.
I have no real problem with ICANN setting an overall budget (subject, of
course, to the new EC budget review powers).  But allocation and priority
setting should be by the CCWG.

Paul

Paul Rosenzweig
paul.rosenzweig at redbranchconsulting.com