[CCWG-ACCT] Notes, recordings and transcript for WS2 Staff Accountability Subgroup Meeting #4 | 27 October16

MSSI Secretariat mssi-secretariat at icann.org
Thu Oct 27 06:10:43 UTC 2016

Hello all,

The notes, recordings and transcripts for the CCWG Accountability WS2 Staff Accountability Subgroup Meeting #4 | 27 October 16 will be available here:  https://community.icann.org/x/ExC4Aw

The copy of the notes can be found below.

Thank you!
Brenda & Yvette

Notes
Staff Accountability Subgroup Meeting #4 | on Wednesday, 27 October @ 05:00 UTC
(including relevant parts of chat):
3 participants at start of call - Will carry on anyways.

SOI
Jordan Carter: (no changes)
Action Items from previous meeting
    Rapporteurs' reply to email from ICANN CEO
Jordan Carter: Goran has confirmed he will attend the CCWG F2F.
Avri Doria: Will consider his answer to the CCWG Co-Chairs to also be an answer to us.
Jordan Carter: Status report completed.
Snapshot Hyderabad Report Submitted
Avri Doria: (presentation of report)
Questions document - Group discussion and review- Next steps for this document - How do we get the questions answered
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QvsZC-oEDd0L0D1faBd4b3VXjEAv7jHz0wnQyi5jBZk/edit#heading=h.2mnnmvv2f1dh
Jordan Carter: Our request is that we would ask CCWG staff to get the relevant parts of staff to answer within a reasonable timeframe (December).
Avri Doria: there are 4 points which did not get inserted in the document because they were not accepted. These are: avri doria: Are individual staff members accountable to the ICANN community, or are they only accountable to their bosses in the ICANN staff hierarchy? In other words are there multiple points of staff accountability to the community or is only the CEO accountable. Are their different accountability structures for policy staff who are an integral part of the community processes than there is for operational staff, e.g. GDd?  Is the CEO accountable to the Board, to the ICANN community or to both? Are staff, members of the ICANN community? Are they stakeholders in any sense?  If they are stakeholders, how does their position in a hierarchical top down structure affect the nature of their stakeholder relationship to the rest of the community.
Avri Doria: Still unclear on how to take the next step and where to get the answers to these.
Pam Little: would Sam Eisner be helpful in this.
Jordan Carter: I will do a final edit and submit to CCWG staff asking where these questions should be addressed officially.
Next steps - work plan
    Drafter/s for Doc 1 (roles of staff, board, etc. document, includes definitions of staff/board/etc., and description of interactions among staff/board/etc.)
    Drafter/s for Doc 2 (staff code of conduct and other internal matters document)
Jordan Carter: Have to advise our rapporteurs that once we get the information from ICANN there will have to be some writing by more than just the rapporteurs.
Avri Doria: Rapporteurs will have to participate in the writing.
Pam Little: happy to assist on either. But Steve Crocker has said there are overlaps with the AOC reviews - what is the status of this?
Avri Doria: have not heard there is any intent to merge any of our work. As to ATRT3 - WS2 work stays in WS2.
Pam Little: are we meeting in Hyderabad as a sub-group.
Jordan Carter: no and no facilities for a formal meeting.
Avri Doria: Very informal meetings are possible.
Pam Little: Would be nice to meet the people who are working on this.
Avri Doria: We could ask the sub-group people to stand up group by group at the F2F.
Jordan Carter: good idea.
AOB
Jordan Carter: (note). Will send the questions to staff. Adjourned.