[CCWG-ACCT] Notes, recordings, transcript for WS2 Transparency Subgroup Meeting #3 - 9 Sept

MSSI Secretariat mssi-secretariat at icann.org
Fri Sep 9 23:57:41 UTC 2016

Hello all,

The notes, recordings and transcripts for CCWG Accountability WS2 Transparency Subgroup Meeting #3 - 9 September 2016 will be available here:  https://community.icann.org/x/0gasAw

A copy of the notes may be found below.

Thank you.

With kind regards,
Brenda Brewer
MSSI Projects & Operations Assistant
ICANN - Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers

Notes

Transparency Subgroup Meeting #3

Friday, 9 September @ 05:00 UTC

Pages:

*        Main sub-group page: https://community.icann.org/display/WEIA/Transparency

*        This meeting: https://community.icann.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=61605586

1. Welcome

*        Michael Karanicolas: Apologies Chris Wilson, Alan Greenberg.

2. Final Discussion re Thematic Overview Doc

*        Michael Karanicolas: New Thematic Overview document posted a few minutes ago (very bad audio, had to quit and will re-connect).

*        David McAuley: New document vs DIDP is great. Is denial of a DIDP request eligible for Reconsideration or for IRP? If not it is something for consideration.

*        Michael Karanicolas: great suggestion, also consider if Ombuds should be involved. We also have to consider how our recommendations will dovetail with the other sub-groups. Any other points? Discussion of proactive disclosure. No questions or comments. Discussion of Improvement to the existing whistleblower policy. No questions or comments. Will cautiously assume the document seems acceptable for the moment. Will wait for input from the list.

*        Avri Doria: Seems a solid starting point.

*        David McAuley: I expect substantive discussions might expand things on this list a bit

3. Next Steps (Phase 2:  Identifying Problems)

*        Michael Karanicolas: any volunteers for specific sub-areas?

*        Chris Disspain 2: are we going to have specific discussion threads on the list?

*        Avri Doria: i think that would be good, and volunteers may serge

*        Chris Disspain 2: I think that will help develop the topics

*        David McAuley: +1 Avri and Chris

*        Chris Disspain 2: and as Avri says volunteers will emerge

*        Sonigitu Ekpe: Yes

*        Avri Doria: Have started going through all WS2 tracks for ATRT2 relevant topics and hope to have that soon and could add items to this list.

*        Michael Karanicolas: But that sounds great - and would be happy to add items to the list as they emerge from your research

4. AOB

*        Michael Karanicolas: Any other business? No comments. Adjourned.