[CCWG-ACCT] Keeping the momentum in favor of IANA

Konstantinos Komaitis komaitis at isoc.org
Thu Sep 22 14:04:23 UTC 2016

Dear all,

At the Internet Society’s InterCommunity Forum yesterday, Assistant Secretary of Commerce Larry Strickling delivered a strong endorsement of the multistakeholder model. Strickling voiced his support for the work the global Internet community has done over the past two years on the IANA stewardship transition. As the debate on the transition continues in the United States Congress, I believe it is important for us to echo his support for the work of the global Internet community. Let's keep on having our voices heard loud and clear!

You can read his remarks here: http://www.ntia.doc.gov/node/2946.

Here are some tweets you can send out in support of the multistakeholder model and the IANA stewardship transition:

Internet freedom can only be preserved through the multistakeholder model. Say #yestoIANA #ICANN

The IANA transition process is a testament to the multistakeholder model. Say #yestoIANA #ICANN

It is no surprise that today we find all sectors of the community supporting the #ianasteward transition. #yestoIANA #ICANN

Best

Konstantinos
Dr. Konstantinos Komaitis
Senior Policy Advisor, The Internet Society