[CCWG-ACCT] Agenda of the next meeting of WS2 jURISDICTION

Thomas Rickert thomas at rickert.net
Sat Jul 8 11:33:25 UTC 2017

Dear all,

Upon my return from Joburg, I came down with flu for a few days. Hence my late response to this list.

Let me say that we, the co-Chairs, are extremely thankful for having such a great and thoughtful group to work with. The discussions before ICANN59 and during ICANN59 have been difficult, but after discussion and listening to the various positions, we are more aligned than before with respect to the way forward.

It is in this context that the Co-Chairs would re-iterate the importance of our working methods which are based on individual participation. The strength of the CCWG-Accountability, which allowed us to succeed in WS1, is based on hearing the concerns of all participants and arriving at consensus positions which include as many of those participants as possible.

The jurisdiction sub team has a workplan and should now focus on implementing it, so I suggest we leave the discussions to the sub team and the mailing list of that group.

Having said that, I am sure that Kavouss’ points will resonate when the sub team reconvenes again.

Thomas