[CCWG-ACCT] TR: [Ext] PCST / CCWG-Accountability extension beyond FY17

Mathieu Weill mathieu.weill at afnic.fr
Thu Mar 2 14:33:40 UTC 2017

Dear Colleagues,

During the last plenary, we had agreed to reach out to Icann Finance in
order to better understand how to proceed with requesting an extension of
our timeline. Please find below the response we have received from Xavier
Calvez.

In addition, Xavier has kindly clarified that the draft operating plan &
budget to be published soon will not include any extension of support for
our group, until we formally submit a request, which seems a reasonable
approach to me.

He also informed us that the allocation of staff support resources for our
group beyond FY17 may affect ICANN’s ability to support some of the planned
review teams in FY18. This is very important to keep in mind during our
discussions and when we reach out to the SO/ACs.

We will discuss our next steps during the Copenhagen F2F.

Best

Thomas, Leon & Mathieu