[CCWG-ACCT] Terminology for the ICANN trinity

avri doria avri at acm.org
Fri Mar 3 20:39:26 UTC 2017

Hi,

The only goal is to find standard words for ICANN and its trinity of
staff, board & community that can be used in the WS2 documents.  So I am
not sure that the IETF, which has no role needing description in the WS2
documents is relevant to the exercise.

I suppose the IETF, in at least some sense, as individuals and possibly
even in the aggregate,  would, if they were willing, be part of the
ICANN wider community. Perhaps, though, the absence of a PSO is a flaw
in the current implementation and a complicating factor in the answer.

avri

On 02-Mar-17 17:55, John Curran wrote:
> On 2 Mar 2017, at 1:52 PM, avri doria <avri at acm.org
> <mailto:avri at acm.org>> wrote:
>> We are sending this for discussion by the full group
>
> Avri -
>
>    To aid in my understanding of the proposed terms, how would the
> IETF and its
>    participants be characterized per these definitions?
>
> Thanks!
> /John

---