[CCWG-ACCT] CEP/Copenhagen

Edward Morris egmorris1 at toast.net
Mon Mar 6 13:24:31 UTC 2017

  Dear Colleagues,

 One of the challenges we’ve faced in reviewing the current Cooperative Engagement Process (CEP) system, and improving upon it, has been a lack of input from community members who have experience with it. We asked ICANN Legal for help some time ago and this past week they have been kind enough to give us a list of those entities that have been through the CEP process during the past few years. That list is attached.

 We need your help. As strange as it may be, our group really can’t speak to or interview an inanimate corporate entity. We need people to communicate with.

 Alongside another volunteer, Anna Loup, I’d like to briefly chat in Copenhagen with any community member who has personally experienced a CEP and may have some thoughts, observations and suggestions about the process. We recognize that there are major elements of confidentiality that must be observed: what we are looking for are general observations and any suggestions for procedural or structural reform.

 Anyone not in Copenhagen and willing to help, we’d love to hear from you as well. E-mail, Skype, chat: all are possibilities. Please let us know of your availability and interest.

 The email address where interested community members can reach us is: cepreview1 at gmail.com.

 Please pass this along to any member of the community who may be willing to help. We need as much input as we can get.

 Thanks very much for considering.

 Kind Regards,

 Edward Morris