[CCWG-ACCT] [Ext] Re: CCWG-Accountability-Diversity-RequestForInterpretation for Plenary

Christina Rodriguez christina.rodriguez at icann.org
Wed Mar 8 10:31:13 UTC 2017

Hello everyone,

I understand everyone's point and rationale, from the inclusion language support provides to the importance of cost implications.

However, the deadline for the submission of requests was February 15th, for which we all received plenty of reminders.  This is not a capricious process to follow but rather a much needed process to help us organize and ensure all the resources are sufficient and available to provide the support.

As I mentioned on my previous e-mail, interpretation support was NOT requested at the time the session was submitted for scheduling, thus we did not plan for interpreters to be available for this day nor we had planned for the equipment to be ready earlier.

Historically, there was never a request for interpretation for this session which, at least for the past three ICANN meetings, has been schedule to take place before the ICANN meeting sessions begin. With this in mind, it is not a session we sort off have in our radar for language support, so it is not naturally included in our plan when working on the scheduling of resources arrival and interpretation equipment setup.

Nevertheless, and as I had offered on my previous e-mail, we can provide a transcript in any of the other languages, which we will be produce by translating the EN transcript obtain from the EN audio.  The EN transcript will also be provided the same way we always do for this session, this is an ATF-Transc (After the fact Transcript), which means the audio will be sent out for transctiption immediately after the session has concluded.

Last but not least, we will be happy to review and honor (when possible) any future interpretation support requests for this session, just please make sure you plan accordigy by including the full set of requirements when completing the form you will be submitting to schedule your session.

for this session during I remain at your dispossition for any additional questions and/or commenst you may have.

I look forward to receiving your input.

All the best,

Christina M Rodriguez
Director, ICANN Language Services