[CCWG-ACCT] Notes, recordings and transcript for Diversity Subgroup Meeting #15 | 23 March 2017

MSSI Secretariat mssi-secretariat at icann.org
Thu Mar 23 15:44:16 UTC 2017

Hello all,

The notes, recordings and transcripts for CCWG Accountability WS2 Diversity Subgroup Meeting #15 – 23 March 2017 will be available here:   https://community.icann.org/x/O6vRAw

A copy of the action items and notes may be found below.

Thank you.

With kind regards,
Brenda Brewer, Projects & Operations Assistant
Multistakeholder Strategy & Strategic Initiatives (MSSI)
[cid:image001.png at 01D2A3C2.6AEE9810]

Action Items:
·         FA – Publish a draft schedule of meetings to the end of June to the Diversity list for comments. Then publish final to complete Interpretation request.
·         FA – Post a request for volunteers to join the Recommendations drafting group.

Notes (includes relevant text from chat):
12 Participants at start of call
1.  Roll Call
2.  Review of Actions items:

  *   RD will update the questionnaire and transmit to plenary list for inclusion for face to face meeting. (completed)
  *   RD to poll group for languages needed for interpretation and send request to plenary by 7 March 2359 UTC requesting interpretation services for these. (completed)
3.  Review feedback from Copenhagen meeting
Questionnaire
Fiona Asonga - circulated new version of questionnaire on 12 March. Any questions or queeries? (none). Consensus of first reading.
Renata Aquino Ribeiro: yes
Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO) 2: yes
Dalila RAHMOUNI 2: yes
Julie Hammer - do we need a second reading?
Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO) 2: take it to Plenary on 29 the.... fine by me
Renata Aquino Ribeiro: yes
Bernard Turcotte - Plenary expecting draft recommendations and the questionnaire.
Julie Hammer - questionnaire should be separate and go to the plenary.
Fiona Asonga - Have been asked to include draft recommendations.
Cheryl Langdon-Orr - need to get a questionnaire to next plenary on 29 March and we will get the recommendations to a following plenary and then publish both together.
Fiona Asonga - Propose we are with approach by CLO? (no objections).
Decision – Submit questionnaire to plenary for second reading at its 29 March meeting.
Interpretation
Bernard Turcotte - Have the 3 request for French and Spanish interpretation - need the schedule of calls to end of June to make the request.
Fiona Asonga - working on schedule of calls to end of June (action item).
Renata Aquino Ribeiro - Suggest Rafik and Fiona publish a draft schedule for May and June to the list and anyone with strong objections can post these.
Fiona Asonga - will do.
Action Item – FA – Publish a draft schedule of meetings to the end of June to the Diversity list for comments. Then publish final to complete Interpretation request.
Report/recommendations
Fiona Asonga - need more volunteers for the drafting group. Will send a request to the list
Action Item – FA – Post a request for volunteers to join the Recommendations drafting group.
4.  AOB
Julie Hammer - Concern about costing of the various proposals by the various WS2 sub-groups. Is our recommendation that there be an office of Diversity without considering all the requirements and impacts. My take away, perhaps, what needs to happen without proposing an organizational solution at this time.
Renata Aquino Ribeiro - Agree we have to follow process - send out questionnaire gather input and then seriously consider the recommendations.
Avri Doria - Agree that organizational change is probably premature at this point. May not be premature to say we need a function in the organization without needing a formal organizational change.
Julie Hammer (SSAC): Agree, Avri!
Finn Petersen, GAC - DK: agree with avri
Julie Hammer (SSAC): Yes, that is what I was trying to say!
Renata Aquino Ribeiro: Avri I like that idea of address too but yes discussing its shape later
Fiona Asonga - will leave the Diversity Office item in the report but will note that for now that is simply a place holder for the idea.
Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO) 2: my green tick was up for Julie and Avri's innervations, yes
Julie Hammer (SSAC): Suggest we describe it functionally, not organizationally, as Avri said.
Fiona Asonga - any further items? (none). Actions items present questionnaire at 29 plenary, finalize schedule to end of June ASAP to get interpretation request sent - send a request for participants to join the drafting team - the report will note that the recommendation for a Diversity office is simply a place holder for now.

Decisions:
·         Submit questionnaire to plenary for second reading at its 29 March meeting.
·         Note in the current version of the report that the recommendation for a Diversity office is simply a place holder for now.