[CCWG-ACCT] SOAC Accountability group in CCWG WS2 - report for plenary 2nd reading, on 29-Mar-2017

Steve DelBianco sdelbianco at netchoice.org
Thu Mar 23 19:01:49 UTC 2017

To our CCWG colleagues:

Attached, for your consideration, is the report of the SOAC Accountability group of Work Stream 2, revised per comments at our first reading at the 10-Mar plenary in Copenhagen.  Including:

Clarify we are looking only at activities within ICANN, so we are not looking at NRO and IETF outside of ICANN.

For best practices instead of saying”should consider”, we say "should implement, to the extent these practices are applicable and an improvement…”

Suggest that future ATRTs may examine the extent to which best practices have been implemented.

Recommend an optional mutual accountability roundtable at annual general meetings, at the option of SO/AC chairs.

Add 5 examples of reasons to close a meeting to public observation

Make best practices more consistent regarding meeting notes and minutes

Add the dimension of diversity to outreach best practices.

We have also attached a redline from version 1.0 to version 1.1

Our group looks forward to your questions and comments during 2nd reading on 29-Mar.

Regards,
Steve DelBianco, Cheryl Langdon-Orr, and Farzaneh Badii
Co-Rapporteurs, SOAC Accountability Group, CCWG WS2