[CCWG-ACCT] Notes, recordings, transcript for WS2 Staff Accountability Subgroup Meeting #12 _ 30 March 2017

MSSI Secretariat mssi-secretariat at icann.org
Thu Mar 30 06:28:05 UTC 2017

Hello all,

The notes, recordings and transcripts for CCWG Accountability WS2 Staff Accountability Subgroup Meeting #12 -  30 March 2017 will be available here:   https://community.icann.org/x/JbDRAw

A copy of the notes may be found below.

Thank you.

Kind Regards,
Yvette Guigneaux
Multi-Stakeholder & Strategic Initiative Asst.
ICANN - Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers

Email:  yvette.guigneaux at icann.org<mailto:yvette.guigneaux at icann.org>
Cell:  +1-310-460-8432
Skype:  yvette.guigneaux.icann
www.icann.org[icann.org]<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.icann.org&d=DwMFAg&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=xjNMRR-fjlgBx7tqUEv8lZv2O9RJyMyqWkymcecegCUuwDxFVsW6VBuvkqKnS_lk&m=MpZe2vBmX5eDB31kZFzEvaocAIce-mjunGKmIocUKus&s=6AYzrINCDO2S5kqvszMc_URqxAABZar4Ji39IrX_Gu0&e=>
________________________________
NOTES

1.  Intro: agenda review, attendance, SOI check

2. Debrief from ICANN 58
    *  The full plenary discussion and results
    *  Discuss staff engagement in group with Multistakeholder Strategy and Strategic Initiatives (MSSI)

Comment from George - "do we think we can achieve the frank level of discussion necessary in open sessions?"
Avri - that is the intention and we will monitor as we go along.

3. Plan going forward
    *  Discussions with staff
          *  Early engagement of co-rapporteurs with specific senior staff
          * Inclusion of a number of senior staff members in the group work as within their work scope.
          *  Policy of 'non-retaliation' for all participants
    *  Issue analysis collection
    *  Issue analysis table at:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/12ihFgBE5lcVTfiL6wft9MsOqHaSSKnzIDd1utROosNU/edit#
   *  Discuss relation to 3 current documents

George - "it will be important to define the goals of these discussions to avoid protracted conversations that lose focus"

Avri and Patrick both highlighted the framework of the issues tracker and the approach of determining root cause issues before moving into discussion of solutions or mechanisms.

4. Schedule update
    *  Deadline for issues submission

Deadline for issues submissions was set for next Thursday, 6 April.

Next call scheduled for next Friday, 7 April, 5:00 UTC
Avri taking action item to coordinate future calls to ensure weekly calls through April in order to achieve first plenary reading by mid-May.

5. AOB
none