[Accountability-dt] Notes from informal DT meeting & draft charter for review

Mathieu Weill mathieu.weill at afnic.fr
Sun Oct 26 13:49:04 UTC 2014

Dear Colleagues,

Many thanks for inserting the mention of advisors into the draft
Charter. Below are suggested edits of this section, with rationale :

> Expert Advisors
> [Advisors: The CCCWG should integrate the Advisors appointed by the
> Public Experts Group (PEG) into its structure.
It is expected that the PEG and CCWG may at any time discuss about
Advisors relevance and the need for additional expertise.
Rationale : while the PEG is currently selecting experts, the work of
the CCWG may reveal gaps between expertise needed and experts selected,
due for instance to investigations being led into unexpected matters.
Conitnuous dialogue between PEG and CCWG is therefore desirable.
> The recommendations of the Advisors, if any, are expected to be
> documented in the CCCWG's Final Report.
Suggested rewording : Issue papers and/or recommendations of the
Advisors, if any [...]
Rationale : Advisors are independant experts, and the CCWG may find
useful to rely on such experts to provide issue or research papers.
> The Advisors should contribute to the dialogue with other CCCWG
> participants. Should there be an issue of a consensus call, the
> Advisors would not participate in such a consensus call.
> ATRT Expert: The CCCWG should integrate one ATRT past participant to
> bring perspective and avoid duplication of work. Should there be an
> issue of a consensus call, the ATRT Expert would not participate in
> such a consensus call. ]

I also wondered whether Advisors would be compensated ? I know that it
was initially not intended but, considering the fact that these Advisors
may be required to not only attend calls, but also provide issue papers
or written recommendations, I believe this is critical to provide the
CCWG with the relevant expertise and independance.

Best
Mathieu

--
Mathieu WEILL