[Accountability-dt] Updated version for review & outstanding action items

Mathieu Weill mathieu.weill at afnic.fr
Thu Oct 30 07:34:04 UTC 2014

Dear David and Matthew,

Thanks to both of you for the useful edits and thoughtful comments.

Regarding the scope, I support David's addition to clarify that the CCWG
needs to take into account the effects of the transition in its broadest
sense :

> The CCWG will investigate accountability mechanisms regarding all of
> the functions provided by ICANN, as long as it finds that such
> accountability mechanism is related to the transition of the NTIA
> Stewardship in its broadest sense, i.e the NTIA Stewardship served as
> a de facto accountability mechanism across the entirety of ICANN. The
> CCWG will be expected to identify how its proposals are related to the
> transition, again in its broadest sense.

The intent of introducing this precision was to reflect a discussion
from Monday's call where concerns had been raised that stream 2 might be
too wide, and therefore might lead to dispersion or duplication of
efforts. I believe this wording (thanks to your edits) keeps discussions
quite open but manages this legitimate concern.

Best,
Mathieu

Mathieu WEILL
AFNIC - directeur général
Tél: 01 39 30 83 06
mathieu.weill at afnic.fr
ATTENTION : L'Afnic a déménagé le 31 mars 2014 !
Notre nouvelle adresse est :
Afnic - Immeuble Le Stephenson - 1, rue Stephenson - 78180 Montigny-le-Bretonneux