[Accred-Model] WHOIS Tiered Access and Accreditation Program: Comments from M3AAWG

Jerry Upton jerry.upton at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 17:37:05 UTC 2018

Dear Mr. Göran Marby CEO, ICANN

We agree with the Anti-Phishing Working Group’s (APWG) comments dated April
5, 2018 that the anti-abuse community needs the ICANN Board to pass a
Temporary Policy to make an accreditation plan a reality, directing the
participation of the registry operators and registrars.

We agree that an expert group from the Anti-Abuse community including APWG,
FIRST and M3AAWG should be created to facilitate the certification of
qualified applicants from the security field.

We support a short-term plan discussed on the April 6th conference call
offering tiered WHOIS access to authorized IP addresses until a more
sophisticated mechanism can be a further developed with details for
accredited access.
Sincerely,
Jerry Upton
Executive Director
Messaging, Malware and Mobile Anti-Abuse Working Group
*https:*//w <http://www.m3aawg.org/>*ww*.m3aawg.org <http://www.m3aawg.org/>