[ALT-Plus] [REVISED] Japanese Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications Reception

Maureen Hilyard maureen.hilyard at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 13:09:55 UTC 2019

Dear ALAC and ALT+ members (including Liaisons, Former Chairs, RALO Chairs,
Jonathan, Daniel, Justine)  (Alberto will not be in Kobe)
On Sunday 10 March @ 3.15 - 4.15pm in the Topaz Room, Alexander Klimburg,
Director of the  Global Commission on Stability in Cyberspace (GCSC)
Initiative, will introduce the work of the GCSC especially in relation to
the underlying principles of cyberstability and addressing the gaps in the
international cybersecurity architecture.
At the end of the day, the GCSC is being hosted at a reception given by the
Japanese Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications. The ALAC has also
been invited to attend from 5.45 - 7.00pm.
We had originally planned to hold a meeting with the ccNSO from 5pm-6pm.
Unfortunately, we are going to have to leave the room by 5.35pm so that we
can be inside the venue of the reception before its due starting time at
5.45pm.  Gisella will have to inform the ccNSO that our meeting has been
curtailed because of this important event. It would be bad manners for us
to be late.  I also hope that Katrina and her team do not mind this change
of timing.
We will then leave the room together for the reception, as a delegation at
5.35pm. I will lead off with Leon, followed by the two Vice Chairs and then
the rest of the ALAC and ALT-plus (and Justine). This is an invitation-only
event so that we will not be able to invite anyone else (that is, no VCs,
sorry). We will have to provide the Ministry with exact numbers.
[image: JPMinIntaff&Comms.png]