[ALT-Plus] AFRALO NomCom candidate

Mohamed El Bashir mbashir at mbash.net
Tue Jul 2 06:32:02 UTC 2019

Hi Maureen,

I am aware that you have talked with Tijani about AfRALO Nomcom selection with Tijani in Marrakech and I was waiting for your email.

AfRALO Nomcom election result was announced since some time I would expect ALAC to raise any issues earlier when the election results were announced, not very late in the process beside also not indicating the reasons of such position.

Although Hadia is a good candidate, we can’t accept an appointment by ALAC without giving the RALO a chance to propose another candidate, we need to follow AfRALO process in our selection, 80% of AfRALO members have participated the recent elections and selected their appointees.

I will update and consult with the RALO leadership team about your request and update you with our position, expect to get another name in the coming 2 weeks as maximum.

Kind Regards,
Mohamed