[ALT-Plus] Fwd: [SOAC-Leaders-ICANNMeeting-Planning] Follow up from ICANN72 Planning Call on 12 Aug 2021

Eduardo Diaz eduardodiazrivera at gmail.com
Wed Aug 25 15:10:49 UTC 2021

I agree with the suggestion of reducing the plenaries to two and including
the GAC plenary to be one of them.

-ed

On Mon, Aug 23, 2021 at 8:00 PM Maureen Hilyard via ALT-Plus <
alt-plus at icann.org> wrote:

> Hi all
>
> For your consideration. Alejandra of the ccNSO is suggesting two plenaries
> instead of 3 during the 4 day AGM meeting
> AND  that one of the sessions include the GAC session on  "How to design
> inclusive, equitable hybrid ICANN meetings"
>
> Comments?

> From: Alejandra Reynoso via SOAC-Leaders-ICANNMeeting-Planning <
> soac-leaders-icannmeeting-planning at icann.org>
> Date: Mon, Aug 23, 2021 at 8:45 AM
> Subject: Re: [SOAC-Leaders-ICANNMeeting-Planning] Follow up from ICANN72
> Planning Call on 12 Aug 2021
> To: Tanzanica King <tanzanica.king at icann.org>
> Cc: SOAC-Leaders-ICANNMeeting-Planning <
> soac-leaders-icannmeeting-planning at icann.org>
>

> Dear Tanzanica and All
>
> Considering that we are moving forward with a 4 day meeting format, may I
> suggest reducing the number of Plenaries?
> Since Plenaries are intended to be unconflicted sessions, we should be
> mindful of their necessity and make the most out of the ICANN Meeting time,
> specially in a virtual environment where we are already minimizing
> our content.
>
> Personally, I think the proposal on "How to design inclusive, equitable
> hybrid ICANN meetings" is the most timely and impactful across all ICANN
> groups. Within this planning group and each of us internally within our
> teams, we have briefly discussed what the next version of a remote
> participation experience should include when we get back to having some in
> person participants. Considering the possibility of ICANN 73 being the
> first ICANN meeting using this renewed format, I believe it is time to seek
> input from the broader community.
>
> Best regards,
> Alejandra
>
> --
>
> [image: Photograph]
>
> *Alejandra Reynoso*Investigación & Desarrollo | Dominios .gt
> *P:* +502 23688565
> *E:* alejandra.reynoso at cctld.gt
> 18 Ave. 11-95 Zona 15, V.H. III. (A-109)
> Guatemala, Guatemala
> www.gt
>

> On Thu, Aug 12, 2021 at 2:39 PM Tanzanica King via
> SOAC-Leaders-ICANNMeeting-Planning <
> soac-leaders-icannmeeting-planning at icann.org> wrote:
>
>> Dear Community Leaders and Representatives,
>>

>> Thank you all for a productive call earlier today. The slides from the
>> call are attached once more with the repeating agenda slides removed for
>> your convenience. For quick reference, you will find the four and five-day
>> example block schedules on slide #3, followed by an ICANN72 time zone chart
>> on slide #4. Slide #5 includes the schedule production timeline and slides
>> #6 through #11 outline the detailed proposals for ICANN72 plenary topics.
>>

>> *Next Steps / Action items*
>>

>> *A.    **Block Schedule / Meeting Dates*
>>
>> Thanks for your feedback; based on the call it looks like a 4-day meeting
>> will be preferable from 25-28 October (Monday through Thursday). *We'll
> [...]

*NOTICE:* This email may contain information which is confidential and/or
subject to legal privilege, and is intended for the use of the named
addressee only. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not use,
disclose or copy any part of this email. If you have received this email by
mistake, please notify the sender and delete this message immediately.